Saturday May 30, '20 at 10:00 AM
Teacher: John Claxton
John was educated at one of the great universities of the world. At St. John's College, Cambridge he read for the medical tripos: Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology followed by a degree in Veterinary Medicine. John has taught Yoga for the past 34 years. He received his original training from Silva Metha in London in the 1970s, and soon after had contact with B.K.S. Iyengar each time that Iyengar visited the U.K. John then began to take courses and classes in Poona, India.
John Claxton and his Exceptional Method
Saturday 30 and Sunday 31 of May
"Who would be interested in this intensive? p>
"To all those interested in a practice in which they know how to take you through the posture to parts of your body that you can really feel and live from within, building it with attention and understanding?
"One of the best workshops I have found in Yoga!" Erua Trocas
A unique and exceptional method
The roots of John's formation come from the Iyengar, B.K.S Iyengar and Silva Mehta style have been his Masters. Thanks to his studies in medicine, anatomy, pathology, and even veterinary medicine at St. John's College, and many years dedicated to teaching led him to create his own style.
The way in which it presents the anatomical principles, difficult to master in the internalization of the practice, makes it unique in its field. His method has been transforming lives for more than 40 years.
John and his exceptional method: In search of Clarity
The main intention of this method is to evolve the physical practice to a higher state of being which John calls the numinous state. Since only when we align our body with our mind through consciousness are we able to identify the lightness of being.
Check out our blog and read the article on the concept "approaching-to-the-numinous or clarity".
During the intensive we will review the physical basis to feel this metaphysical change during practice.
- We will carry out passive postures inspired by the Iyengar style, with the help of materials, in which we will encounter significant challenges of alienation and concentration.
- To find clarity we will delve into important concepts such as the elements of the subtle body. Relaxation, pranayama and meditation. We will delve into the gift of consciousness, attention, pause and stillness.
- John adapts his program to the needs and energy of each group, a characteristic that makes them unique. There are never two alike. His sessions are full of spontaneous inspiration and poetry.
- We guarantee that in this intensive you will find experiences and knowledge that will benefit your daily practice.
The technique is at the service of the experience
John transmits with simplicity allowing students to understand and apply their teachings with clarity and lucidity, in no time is a slave to the technique, on the contrary, the technique is at the service of the experience.
Every time he visits us from the United Kingdom he reminds us that there is that superior intelligence that opens spaces within our being until we are enlightened, you just have to pay attention to it and let it in.
An intensive for both teachers and students. You can not lose this! Reserve the date in your calendar.
Dedication to teaching
After teaching for nine years in London, in 1983 he decided to move to Norfolk with his family. There he founded The Norfolk Yoga Center, a place with daily practice and with possibilities of residence during intensive weekends. This Center became a place of reference for practitioners and teachers of Yoga, for 40 years.
Books by John Claxton:
- "A Quest for Clarity"
- "The gift of consciouness"
- "Elements of the Subtle Body"
- "The Sub-cranial Dominion"
- "The key"
"In the realm of the physical body muscle rules. In the domain of the subtle body attention is king".
"Some reflections on the practice of yoga".
"Short pieces in a form of appendix to 'A Quest for Clarity'".
"Entrance hall of the subtle body".
- Saturday 10:00 - 13:00 and 15:00 - 18:00
- Sunday 10:00 - 13:00
- The entire intensive:212,00
- 30 days before the date: 182,00
- price for one class: 73,00
* It is necessary to reserve by prepayment. No refund if cancellation made 21 or less days prior to workshop.
Take advantage of the favorable early prices, full payment must be received before the cut off date.
Amounts can be paid by cash, money order or bank transfer to:
Yoga Center, S.L.
Account number: ES 06 2100 1417 16 0200283014
Note: On the bank transfer you must indicate your name and the course that you are taking.