Professor Vélez de Cea, a recognized Buddhist scholar, has an outstanding academic background: p>
He has taught at Georgetown University in Washington and currently teaches at Eastern Kentucky University in the U.S.
Author of several books, numerous publications and articles in professional journals, books and various collaborations with other authors.
Visiting professor at various universities in Spain and abroad. Expert in Pali and in inter-religious dialogue.
Traveler and collaborator in Buddhism and meditation practitioner.
Professor Abraham Velez, a member of:
American Academy of Religion, International Association of Buddhist Studies, Society for Buddhist-Christian Studies, Society for Asian and Comparative Philosophy.
- Eastern Kentucky University - 2006 - Present
- Berea College - Fall 2009
- Georgetown University - Visiting Assistant Professor 2004 – 2006
Postdoctoral Fellow & Adjunct Professor 2002 - 2004
- 2012 The Buddha and Religious Diversity. London: Routledge
- 2003 Nāgārjuna: Versos sobre los fundamentos del camino medio (Nāgārjuna’s Verses on the Fundamentals of the Middle Way) Barcelona: Clásicos Kairós.
- 1999 Los Sermones medios del Buddha (Middle Length Sermons of the Buddha) Translated together with Amadeo Solé-Leris. Barcelona: Clásicos Kairós.
- 2000 Buddhismo Madird: Ediciones del OrtoDr. Abraham Vélez de Cea
- 1998 Buddha. Madrid: Ediciones del Orto.
Ph.D. Philosophy, Universidad Complutense 1996-2001
M.A. Religious Studies, Universidad de Comillas 1993-1995
Licentiate Philosophy and Education, Universidad de Navarra 1986-1991
Other Formal Training
- Georgetown University Postdoctoral fellow (2002-2004)
Visiting Professor (2004 – 2006)
Department of Theology
Research fellow (1999-2001)
Special student (1995)
Dr. J. Abraham Vélez de Cea
Department of Philosophy and Religion
Eastern Kentucky University
521 Lancaster Ave. Case Annex 211
Richmond, KY 40475-3102