India and Eastern Religions
Vicente Merlo is a Professor of Philosophy.
Vicente lived several years in India , especially in the ashram of Sri Aurobindo (Pondicherry , India). He was a founding member of the "Society of Indic and Oriental Studies " as well as the "Spanish Transpersonal Association". He was a Member of the Advisory Council for a Parliament of the World's Religions (Barcelona 2004 ), member of the "Spanish Society of Religious Sciences" and also taught "Theory and Practice of Meditation" at the Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB ). He has also been a professor of Hinduism and Buddhism in the "Master of History of Religions" at the University of Barcelona (UB ). He teaches courses in Meditation at the Casa Asia (Barcelona ) and gives seminars, workshops and courses.
His publications include the following:
- Teachings of Sri Aurobindo, Kairos, 1998
- Symbolism in Indian Art: From the aesthetic experience to the mystical experience, New Library, 1999
- Illuminating the Atman: Introducing classical Hindu thought, New Library, 2001
- Fascinated with the East, Kairos, 2002
- called ( the ) New Era: Towards a mystical and esoteric spirituality, Kairos , 2007
- Reincarnation: a key to understanding the meaning of existence, Sirio, 2007
- Radiant fullness - meditating together, Obelisk, 2009
- Meditating - with Buddhism and Hinduism, Kairos, 2013
- Philosophy, what is that ? Know and be in the West and East, New Library, 2014.